Ride Around the Big Paddock

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIXR

so...when Bam gets to Darwin, does he just pull into the first servo he sees grabs a receipt and hi-tails it out of town, or, is there some gps co-ord location he has to satisfy?
He plotted all his planned stops in advance. Darwin is the Shell in Daly Street. His spreadsheet has all coordinates and timings and kilometers. The link is back on an early page but I have copied it here. He's about to hit Humpty Doo on the way north.

Updated itinerary incorporating Murphyau's fantastic feedback! :-D
Attachments

Last edited:

MIXR

Sorry mate. Misunderstood what you were asking. My understanding is that with 'Darwin' as a mandatory marker it has to be Darwin CBD. I may be wrong about that and the ride requirements don't specify if it's the CBD or City Limits surrounding greater Darwin. The other boys will have to answer that one, but he's heading into the CBD anyway so I'd go with that as the requirement regardless. CBD is non-ambiguous. Cheers.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
All, I’ve just had a quick chat with Bam in Darwin, he’s tired but remaining focussed and working through his challenges

He knows he may have a fuel problem at Borroloola, with the pumps not open and is seeking advice on what his options are.

What useable advice can we offer him? Noting this needs solving while he’s on road to Borroloola

Brookester

Premier Member
All, I’ve just had a quick chat with Bam in Darwin, he’s tired but remaining focussed and working through his challenges

He knows he may have a fuel problem at Borroloola, with the pumps not open and is seeking advice on what his options are.

What useable advice can we offer him? Noting this needs solving while he’s on road to Borroloola
Martin, he'll be best placed with local advice at the Hwy 1 Servo at the turn off as there's not much option once headed in to Borroloola. He will also need to make a decision regarding bush fire & road closures from Borroloola down to Barkly Homestead and then across to Camooweal. Sorry to say it may all go pear shaped at Hwy 1 Servo

Vlad

Premier Member
I’ve just been looking at this, depending on wether he is comfortable at territory speed at the moment and if he is carrying enough gas , I would run Mataranka at 125 fill everything, gas up at Daly waters and run the same speed to Heart break hotel. He should get in before six. That would give him the choice to run Borroloola and back to Heartbreak hotel before the pumps shut at nine. Then he can get some sleep and will have the gas to make Barkly.

Last edited:

Dicky Knee

I’ve just been looking at this, depending on wether he is comfortable at territory speed at the moment and if he is carry enough gas , I would run Mataranka at 125 full everything, gas up at Daly waters and run the same speed to Heart break hotel. He should get in before six. That would give him the choice to run Borroloola and back to Heartbreak hotel before the pumps shut at nine. Then he can get some sleep and will have the gas to make Barkly.
He may even be able to pre-pay for stored/hidden fuel when he gets Heartbreak in order to refuel (again) as he comes out.

tj189

Premier Member
I’ve just been looking at this, depending on wether he is comfortable at territory speed at the moment and if he is carrying enough gas , I would run Mataranka at 125 fill everything, gas up at Daly waters and run the same speed to Heart break hotel. He should get in before six. That would give him the choice to run Borroloola and back to Heartbreak hotel before the pumps shut at nine. Then he can get some sleep and will have the gas to make Barkly.
Have NT upgraded the Carpentaria Hwy to two lanes?

Status
Not open for further replies.