RTE Calais including Dambusters SS1000 ride Saturday 23rd March 2019 01:45 departure.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
I'll be there around 3-4. What Time is foster there for checking in and where???
Foster is arriving about 3ish. I should be their about 4:30 with the paperwork. We will sort check in at that point. I was advised by the Premier Inn bookings coordinator that we should park in the car park near the Beefeater. So check in will probably be there, but confirm at reception re parking.

Peter Perfect

A nice lady lent me her charger. Give me a shout in the (late) morning and I'll pop it round to the Ibis, with my paperwork. I couldn't find a way in last night, from the garage door, I presume there's a way to get to the front.

Peter
07957 540813

Peter Perfect

A nice lady lent me her charger. Give me a shout in the (late) morning and I'll pop it round to the Ibis, with my paperwork. I couldn't find a way in last night, from the garage door, I presume there's a way to get to the front.

Peter
07957 540813
Please contact me about the return, or replacement, of your battery pack. Depending where you are, it might me easier for me to keep this one and buy another, delivered to you....

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
as one of those whose plan failed first contact with the enemy (and not just because of the "gentle" power of my mount) I must say - what an inspired challenge! and great respect to those 20+ who pulled it off. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling the need to hone his navigational skills or remind himself of that key tenet of Iron Butt riding - minimize the stoppages. I'd also like to say that, fabulous as it is to be riding awesome mountain switchbacks, waiting until darkness descends is not the best time to be doing that. You're never too old to enjoy the comforts of the Iron Butt Motel:)

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who chipped in with the organisation of this weekend, and what a bloody weekend! My first long ride of the year, tired and aching but it was certainly an experience I won't forget in a long while. Hope you all got home safe and sound. See you again soon.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
30 bikes went out and around 20 succeeded.

I will email all riders over the next week with
1 details of payment of balance for your ride.
2 details of commemorative t shirts. We will do one more order
3 how to get a second patch as there are a few left.

Do post your ride reports here wether you were successful or not so we can all learn from the collective experience.
Great ride,great people.
Thanks to
Gordon for the idea and the route
Joy and Foster for checking people out at 2am and in on Saturday night until 3am.
Graham for organising the wreath for Guy Gibson's and taking the pics at Scampton at 2am