SS1600K attempt on a 90cc Postie

Skidoo

Premier Member
I am posting on behalf of Frog (David)

Hello All,

Today I will be attempting a SS1610k ride on a 1999 Honda CT110 (postie bike).

To keep things interesting I have replaced the 110cc engine with a 1979 CT90 (90cc) engine that I have built over the last two years. To put it in perspective the bog stock 110cc engine developed 6.04rwhp on the dyno, the 110cc engine is 22% larger in capacity than the 90cc engine, but tadpole’s (said bikes name) engine develops a whopping 8.64rwhp…that is 43% more power J. I’m now sure it is stretched to the limit and rattles a bit, I will have to hold it at 9000rpm for 22hrs so it will possibly over heat and explode somewhere near Kalgoorlie on Tuesday arvo, but I’m gonna give it a go.

This ride has been done on a 110cc postie bike by a fellow FarRider already, he finished in around 23.5hrs with an overall average (OA) of 70.?Km/hr. I hope to maintain an OA above 74km/hr and be the first in Australia to do 1600km in 24hrs on a 90cc bike.

Below is the link to my spot tracker so you can watch the progress if it takes your fancy.

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=1bJlvN62QbkdL31buJXCP40fmBaylnlrN

Password = elephant

P.S. As you can see there has been a whole heap of Crazy bubbling up inside me over the last two years, so I won’t be offended it you all get together and run a book on the outcome.

Frog (Dave)

Last edited:

Nev..

Premier Member
So far so good. Looks like he's just hit the 400km mark after 5hrs on the road.

About 15 years ago a mate of mine restored his father's early 70s model CT90 farm bike, got it registered and rode it from his home in Canberra to a bike rally in Mildura and back, so despite their size, the engines do have the potential to achieve great things (although he did have to do a valve adjustment in Mildura to get the bike to run on the return trip. When he got back, he told his father about the trip, to be told "You're not quite right in the head, Son". He now wears those words as a badge. Good Luck to you Frog.

Skidoo

Premier Member
It's amazing what can be done on small capacity bikes Nev. Frog is going well and appears to be right on schedule.
The term; 'You're not quite right in the head son' applies to many on the forum :D

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Great stuff Frog.

About 575km into the run and at 76.66 OA. Best of luck with the next 1000km or so.

Skidoo

Premier Member
What a buggar, Frog just blew a rear tyre at 90kph and had a stack. He is ok, some minor damage to postie however he is already talking about alloy wheels! He is just waiting for a support vehicle to assist him.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Well David you seemed to be getting a good buffer starting there man. Hope your OK mate and your recovery vehicle has a hot brew and a soft seat for you.

Been getting my head round RocketIII to CTbeast. Massive difference in machines.

Onward and upward Frog

tj189

Premier Member
Bugger, hope he is not hopping around to much. Fantastic to see you start this Frog and it will be even more interesting to see you fix yourself up and the Postie to have another go. We hope you have a speedy recovery, take care of yourself first.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Rubber. Its usually an 'o' ring of some description that brings it all to a halt.

I hope all goes well for the recovery for man and machine.

Marls

Heal well, and hope it hasn't put a moz on having another go!, +hope the fixing goes smoothingly too. Love this sort of crazy.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Don't believe it, Frog has repaired his blowout, patched the bike up to a rideable condition and refuses to let the 'tadpole' be carried home so he riding the poor little thing home!

Notice the seat in the shade? Looks OK to me, just a little more air in the tyre and she's ready for another attempt.

One tough rider there!

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Tough stuff. Seems to be in the make up of the little beasts riders. I remember another guy not that long ago on a small machine belted by a roo but kept it all together.

Home of the worlds toughest riders this place.

Kepp it upright David

Just came across this post ... what a silly insane (as Kimmie would say) Barsteward!
A good laugh ... usually is when it's a someone else's expense.
Just love the way the lights are hanging on for dear life in that last pic. Looks like it was at a late night party :)

BTW Glad rider is ok. Very courageous to ride the bike home.

Eliot

Last edited: