Wanted - Maple Farkles pillion rack for 2014-19 RT

"I believe Mike Langford turned over the business to Walt Preston."

Apparently this was the plan but so far (almost a year on) nothing has come of it.
So SeaBeeCapt and myself find ourselves here.

So, does anyone have 2 Maple Farkles pillion racks they'd like to sell.

Ian

I sent my request today! THANKS. Is there contact information for the shop?
I don't have that information, but when you click the link and use "Contact Us", the email listed still works. I would also think that when they send you you're quote, you'll be able to find out more info about the shop.

SeabeeCapt

Premier Member
Thanks, again. I getting very happy. I leave 12AUG for a camping trip and if I could have it before then I’d really be happy.
Ride Safe, Think Fast!
Robert

PS can’t find the email?

OK guys, I hate to break the news, and personally, it's completely baffling to me, but Mike reached out to me today and asked that I NOT post the information that I did. I am just going to quote the email I received:

Actually, that info was kinda proprietary, sorry I shared it with you now.
The new guy (currently unnamed) should be the one announcing this info.
In the future please refrain from broadcasting information without permission.
I replied with:
Apologies about that. I wasn't aware of the situation and I did mention that others were looking for this product. Should I take that info down? When and how will the new producer be announced?
And he:
Yes, Please.
That's going to be up to him.
This is pretty bewildering, since in my first email to Mike, this is what I wrote:
Hello, Mike! I hope this email finds you in good health and spirits!
I write because there is a posting in the IBA forums about some people looking for your pillion mount for the liquid-cooled RT’s. Apparently, the person you gave the designs to hasn’t yet done anything with them. Maybe by now he has, but the thread in question was posted in May of this year and apparently nothing’s happening.

Do you still have any of the design plans for this mount or have any inventory of it? [emphasis mine]
Please note I SPECIFICALLY mentioned that I was writing on behalf of OTHER PEOPLE who were looking for this product.

This whole thing sucks because, like I asked, HOW IS ANYONE GOING TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE NEW PRODUCTION?

It is what it is...

BMW RT Pilot,
Thanks for making enquiries with Mike of Maple Farkles on our behalf.
While it's turned a bit messy at least we now know that Mike is still actively looking for someone to take over his design for the pillion mounted rack. I guess we'll find out - somehow - in the fullness of time who that is.
Meanwhile, anyone got 1 or 2 to sell?

Ian

BMW RT Pilot,
Thanks for making enquiries with Mike of Maple Farkles on our behalf.
While it's turned a bit messy at least we now know that Mike is still actively looking for someone to take over his design for the pillion mounted rack. I guess we'll find out - somehow - in the fullness of time who that is.
Meanwhile, anyone got 1 or 2 to sell?

Ian
If anything, I still left his email address posted so if anyone wants to, they can write him directly. Mike is either being too cautious or a dimwit about all of this.