Dalby Qld Muster 2018

Frog

Premier Member
IBA Member
i will have to toughen up a bit. I have only been out my front gate four times on a bike since the last muster (inclusive). i have, (according to the chart behind the counter at the local Chemist) slipped into the obese club. and you suggest that i should do a north - south run, that is (this weekend) nights 10-15 deg to days of 42-45deg... that will really trash my attitude.
Maybe i should do a quick 3000kmG north tomorrow to test my resilience?

Tele

Premier Member
One question to clarify .... if one chooses to use the "Premier Member" method of "docket with odometer" picture for tracking of one's progress, what will be the expectation for presenting this evidence at the assessment table in Dalby? Would a removable SD photo card be required? If a mobile phone were used to take the photos, would simply displaying the pictures (from the phone photo library) to the assessor be acceptable? May determine whether riders use a mobile phone or a digital camera for the evidence. Thanks in advance. :)

tj189

Premier Member
Great question Ian,
Phone or digital camera will be fine as long as we can see the photograph in line with the Premier application process. Most digital cameras these days have a screen that the photo can be seen on, if not then we would need to be able look at the sd card. Please do not delete the photographs. There is a quality control process used by the IBA, where a percentage of ride applications during the year are pulled and checked, you would need to produce those photographs if requested to do so.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hey Olly !
Just noted on the Muster page at point 10 that late registrations "may" be accepted if you are prepared to pay an extra $50.
Looks like a begging request and $$$ might get you a formal seat at the check-in table!

http://www.ibaaustralia.com/dalby-qld-muster-2018/
wot on earth are you saying?
Premier member witness does not need to include every other stop other than the start and the finish.
Considering that this is a ride in and plenty of others are all attending the same table perhaps maybe keep the in between legs on paper?

Tele

Premier Member
wot on earth are you saying?
Premier member witness does not need to include every other stop other than the start and the finish.
Considering that this is a ride in and plenty of others are all attending the same table perhaps maybe keep the in between legs on paper?
Looks like you and I might be reading different rules there young Gatey! This is a quote from Ira (IBA Admin) regarding the electronic dockets programme (refer the specific thread in the head-office IBA forum area). Note specifically the sentence that stipulates dockets are required at least every 350 miles (560k).

Receipts

- Take a picture of your starting dated business receipt alongside your bike odometer, like the examples provided in the link below:

www.ironbutt.org/rides/receipts.htm

- Take a picture of your fuel receipts (at least every 350 miles/560km or less) along with your bike's odometer in the frame.

OPTIONAL: Do yourself a favor, when you take your receipt photo, email it to yourself and while you are at it, to us to at:

[email protected]

That's it! Get this down and no more dreaded hunting down witnesses in the middle of the night.
Unlike Reply

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
So most of your links show old news.
Cut to the chase there is a line including the max distances before a stop is required.
So thats a start and end witness and a major long leg mandated stop off your bike. Which for us is 600 ks (plus common sense)

That's three opportunity you can take this form of evidence. Thats not really needed for every other...normal stop.
What link do you have that has taken this program from a test program to a more inclusive total ride logging methodology?

Nothing in your post above tells me more or the adoption from test to premier member normality.
What have I missed?

My own view.
We have all planned rides that end with some poor girl in a late night roadhouse not all too happy to be involved in some wierd bike shit.
I learned a way long time back that not everyone male or female wants to be involved. Thats why I like others have had our regulars to start and stop a ride.
Plenty or a few times ive just wanted the computer generated finish docket and delt with the witness via maybe a truck driver or another dier at a common end location or other means.
The times, dates and locations printed on dockets is what counts. You still need those for your pic.
Oh and your bike.
All this test program is offering is a way to gather that into a simple no angst format. Two shots is really all you need.
Logs still need filling in and really a pen and paper is just so much faster than sending links and emails and bubbler isnt it?

I have send my ride application on the 26 of feb.A email was send stating the application was received and I would be contacted soon.
Is my application accepted?
Also I send money for a T shirt on the 26 of feb and have not received the order.
Greetings Henk

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
I have send my ride application on the 26 of feb.A email was send stating the application was received and I would be contacted soon.
Also I send money for a T shirt on the 26 of feb and have not received the order.
Greetings Henk
Hday Henk. Really good to see you along for this muster. Youll get all your gear on the day im sure thats how its been thus far.
You post says your email has been recieved so my guess is all is in hand. Did you include your paypal reciept? Or was this just the jasonjonas part which is only a first step.
I suspect all is ok but i would suggest direct contact.
These guys are most definitely not out to make life hard my friend.
Let me also ask on your behalf as well.
See you at Dalby im very sure of that.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Mate I believe alls in hand and LTP was only to happy to assist you .
Karls just sent me a text in the positive...hes out with his family just now... but said hes sure all your iba muster world is good mate

Skidoo

Premier Member
Greetings Henk
All good Henk, processing done.
Will chase your shirt up early next week, no doubt it is being embroidered at the moment.