Aussies @ IBR23 prep

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'm not sure who looks more beat up, Olaf or the scorer
That's no scorer, just a volunteer checking riders in. The scorers are sequestered in a darkened room deep inside the hotel. BTDT, have the stories to tell. BWAAAhaaahaha... <cough, cough>, sorry, it's a lot more fun out in the parking lot than in the scoring room. :cool: You get to see more riders outside, Vs the one on one in the scoring room.

Actually, Olaf looks pretty darn good. Good on them all for getting it done!

cjmckay

Premier Member
The great news is that the Aussie contingent (as of the end of leg 2) all appear to be on track to be 'Finishers'. Looks like a long third leg, but they all seem to be riding their plans to get over the line and possibly (given the relative miles ridden) keeping themselves somewhat fresh for this final leg. Inspirational stuff (especially for a LD newbie like me)....

Thjey are doing ok. They have each had their respective tough bits to deal with but the are all still in it so thats the main thing. My experience is that no matter how bad your particular day is going, at least 10 others are in the same boat and another 10 are worse off so just keep to the plan and dont ever give up.

Roadbandit

[QUOTE="tabledrain, post: 81903, member: 367"no matter how bad your particular day is going, at least 10 others are in the same boat and another 10 are worse off so just keep to the plan and dont ever give up.[/QUOTE]

I've been in this position during gliding comps and ended up winning the day after having a shocker. Turns out everybody else had to contend with the same conditions. Never give up.

Roadbandit

“Name,Eric, Marcus,rider number is 80.My location is Ormond Beach, Florida.Last bonus I scored was arrested for.Next bonus I’m heading for is S See, S, you.” — Eric Marcus
(from the call ins)

I really want to know what this bonus was !!

Murphyau

Just saw this on the IBR website in the Day 11 post. No explanation/reason given.

Martin Little and Rebecca McCallum have informed the RallyMom they have withdrawn from the rally and will be returning to Minnesota.

Biggles

Premier Member
Just saw this on the IBR website in the Day 11 post. No explanation/reason given.

Martin Little and Rebecca McCallum have informed the RallyMom they have withdrawn from the rally and will be returning to Minnesota.
I hope they have enough points to be Finishers after all that!

cjmckay

Premier Member
I am amazed at what these 11 days have presented for the riders to hammer through. Rain, hail, fires, smoke, extreme heat, bad roads and yet still they persevere. The convos i've had with some riders make you wonder why we do it.
I must be sick, this year I missed being in the mix
You're amazed and you are a finisher! Think about what the rest of us more mortals are thinking.... (and I know for a fact I know nothing of what they are really going through...)

Kimmie

You're amazed and you are a finisher! Think about what the rest of us more mortals are thinking.... (and I know for a fact I know nothing of what they are really going through...)
Exactly.
As for finding more info, they do state the "great blackout on all socials" occurs over these 11days. Although reading the scribes daily subscriptions have been thoroughly entertaining and you can tell at points that he is wanting to give us sideliners more but just cannot.

Will been keen to read the ride report from Kiwi & Piglet as no doubt there has been something not go go plan (I know stating the obvious).

Whether they, Ollie or Jeff finish or not, they have my absolute respect regardless!!!

As long as they are all safe, that is the most important thing.