"ACT Insanity" Ride Planned (June)

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
Hmm.....so if there is a prang and road closure on the clockwise route you are going to sit and wait until it's clear to go? I think having the options of reverse direction is valid.
If they put a diversion in off the route, does that invalidate the ride, as it's not on the "approved route"?

Craig, it has nothing to do with shorting the route. It is all to do with Plan B. Reversing the direction does not change the route.

Derrick

IBR Finisher
Has everybody got accom sorted?
Umm, being as I'm so short ranged mentally I haven't quite sorted anything yet.

Have sleeping bag, camp bed and tent, but a warm abode wouldn't be outta the question ;).

Promise I don't snore more than LTP does....

Planning to catch a few zzz' afterwards bn ride and Sydney, see some https://www.vividsydney.com/ sights and then bum down the Hume till whenever....

regds

Derrick

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Umm, being as I'm so short ranged mentally I haven't quite sorted anything yet.

Have sleeping bag, camp bed and tent, but a warm abode wouldn't be outta the question ;).

Promise I don't snore more than LTP does....

Planning to catch a few zzz' afterwards bn ride and Sydney, see some https://www.vividsydney.com/ sights and then bum down the Hume till whenever....

regds

Derrick
Check your messages Derrick

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
A great read above! No issues from me on the discussion. And yes, it is a "touch out of hand" with 15 riders (and 9 others who want to do it in the summer months!). We now have full permission and assistance from the Manager of the Woolworths Servo at Hume, so there will be a caravan, table and other stuff there, plus extra pies in the warmer! (and a tool kit with plenty of zip ties and gaffer tape).

Yes, lane splitting is legal in the ACT. So are those small white un-marked vans with the KODAK gear. You cannot see the 60km sign until you are right on them....
As I understand the instructions from the IBA, all riders MUST ride the designated course. I am riding clockwise, but there is no reason why you could not ride a lap or two the other way, provided you rode the whole lap, and had a witness sign it off at the Hume station.

For those that think this will be an easy 1610, think on this. One lap takes 1 hour 5 minutes - so that is 21 hours 40 mins already. Add say four fuel stops at 6 mins = 22 hrs 5, then a couple of food and pee stops at say 20 mins, that is 22 hrs 25, plus two minutes for each signature - 23 hours 5 mins - this is not "a walk in the park Kazansky"!

HACKLE

Myself and my wife will be meeting Lyn and Michael in Bairnsdale Friday morning on their way to the "SUB" zero temperatures of Canberra. Wishing all participates the very "WARMEST" of luck. Heated clothing will certainly be getting a working out. Times look like being very tight, so ride smartly, and enjoy yourselves.