23 Iron Butt Rally Preparation

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
My prep for the rally next June is well under way.

With almost three and a half years of very limited rally riding I have been busy with my routing techniques that hopefully will be beneficial
when the time comes.

My knee recovery is still far from 100% and I am back doing rehab to try to sort out this issue and my ride fitness is coming along well.

I have just purchased my rally bike in the states which I will complete the setup upon my arrival in early June.

IMG_20220917_120227_resize_95.jpg

Last edited:

Owsley

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
My prep for the rally next June is well under way.

With almost three and a half years of very limited rally riding I have been busy with my routing techniques that hopefully will be beneficial
when the time comes.

My knee recovery is still far from 100% and I am back doing rehab to try to sort out this issue and my ride fitness is coming along well.

I have just purchased my rally bike in the states which I will complete the setup upon my arrival in early June.

View attachment 9088
Best of luck in '23

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
With yesterday being my last day off of work until Christmas I headed out for a rally camera practice rally. IBA member and adviser Murphyau put together a rally pack for me to practice using my much neglected rally camera. As time was somewhat limited I got in just over 1200km and 22 bonuses. With my camera, rally flag and score sheet it was a very beneficial days ride. I also used the ride to become familiar with the new Zumo XT and cockpit layout. I will also be running a Zumo 590 and 550 along with my phone using Waze.
I have a fuel cell, wiring harness for the GPS's, LED lights, warm and safe harness and other essentials ready to be shipped to the states after the holidays for mounting when I arrive next May.

Attachments