A change of bike

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
So many great memories in these photos!

1) The photo taken in Bathurst (Australia) was just after one of those rides through the coldest of mornings, heavy fog, two wafer thin near miss roo strikes, but all of that paled into insignificance when reconnecting with Ian and Wendy. We then rode back to Canberra via Abercrombie and Crookwell in blazing sunshine. Another day when you wished the ride would go for ever.

2) The photo at Oacoma, SD, lunchtime after intercepting Wendy and Ian on their way across country. I had ridden out from Minnesota on I90, just sitting on the Interstate, watching the miles roll away. I then had the immense pleasure of sharing some of Wendy and Ian's ride eastward on I90 in the hot summer sun, we stopped occasionally to tinker with the bikes, chat, and just live life on the road. Loved every minute of this day on the road.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hey Eric,
Yeah, pride took a hit but im ok. Part of the story is i didn't mind the 10 going, I never really connected with it.
I hear that a lot from hooligans like you. ;) It's so boring... because it does everything so well and w/o drama. Give the Feej a shot and see if you like it. Do some 80kph to ~120kph passes with a 5th to 3rd down shift and some throttle. Watch out for black holes and quarks. The bogan in the slow moving ute will be saying "what was that!" about the time you're 3k down the road.

IBR 19 Leg 2 in Victoria, Vancouver Island waiting for the ferry back to the USA mainland. All three of us plus Pillion Piglet had completed our lap of the Island, Bec and I did it over a day and bit, Ian and Wendy were covering the same ground but on a real mission.
Thanks - that's a great pic! Little did any of us know the amount of adventure, chaos, and merciless sledging that would arise from that chance overlapping of routes. :)

Tele

Premier Member
FJR's were the B grade alternative for those who didn't appreciate the quality, style and superior performance of the mighty Kwaka 1400GTR :D:D very pleased you are ok TD. Any incident where you walk away and relate the tale is a good outcome.