I have just been contacted by The Old Tollgate hotel, and they have asked me to contact a Mr Tom Smith who has booked a room for our event to contact them regarding there booking. If you could contact them directly please, many thanks.
Sorry to say that we have just cancelled partly because of Covid but mostly because we now have a small new puppy and the hotel don’t allow pets, I wouldn’t want to leave her in the room on her own anyway.
THE RTE AT THE OLD TOLLGATE HOTEL ON THE 5TH DEC HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
I have just spoken to the manager at the Tollgate Hotel who I arranged the group deal with.
She has told me that their policy is that they are not offering refunds but can transfer the booking date to November or maybe December next year.
They did send an email out in September offering refunds until some date in early October. But I never received it. And this is the email that I have been chasing to get for the last 2 months.
They are going to phone me back in the next few days to let me know what they are going to do for us.
If we were to turn up in December this year after this current lock down, and the rule of six was still in place. She informed me we would not be allowed to meet socially.
I asked about if the lock down was extended or another one started after the 2nd December, and the hotel had to close would we get a refund, because by law I thought they had to as they had broken the contract.
The answer was no, the owner had consulted with his solicitors and they were only offering transferring bookings to a later date.
The manager is calling me back in a few days to see what she can do for us.
After speaking to the hotel today, it was confirmed that should this present lock-down finishes on the 2nd of December. as planned and the hotel is open for the dates we have booked they will not issue refunds.
Here is a copy of an e-mail that Greame has received.
"We will allow a transfer of the prepayment for the bedrooms booked on the 4th & 5th of December in the event of travel restrictions in place, or if you are required to self-isolate.
The prepayment can be used on any date up until 30th November 2021 or over the same dates in December 2021.
If the national lock-down is extended we will contact you directly to confirm the held deposit amount.
However you will need to contact us directly if you are subject to localised lock-down or have been asked to self-isolate."
I know they have spoken to solicitors and believe they can legally do this.
But if the have to shut they have broken the contract and we should get a full refund.
As we cannot confirm what our options are until this lock-down finishes. I feel our best bet is to see if we can transfer our bookings to 3rd & 4th December 2021 and hold the RTE that weekend.
Let me know what you think.
The only problems that I see with booking the 21st December is that I know that they get very busy over the Christmas period. And may be heavily booked up, not leaving enough accommodation space for our group.
The other problem is Covid rules such as no more than groups of 6 etc.
I think our best bet is to hold the RTE in the same venue on Friday 3rd and Saturday the 4th of December 2021 which the hotel has confirmed we can do. Hopefully we should be Covid free well before that and back to normal.
If enough people show interest in doing that. I will call the Christmas RTE for those dates. Winglider
Not sure there is a lot of interest in this as a Xmas doo Steve ?. Not many seemed to fancy it.
We could book it as an RTE any time next year .
Maybe Boulogne or Dunkirk for Xmas 2021. Going on the continent brought a big response.
Lets get some more input before booking for Xmas ?