Michelin (Pilot) Road 5 GT

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yes, the 190 wide tire, combined with almost no drop center and a GT spec making the tire extra stiff really make you work. That's where getting the tire good and warm and pinching the sides in with wood clamps are invaluable.

thekaz

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I can only dream I getting the same tire mileages you all are talking about :(
I am not sure about the K16 wheel but spooning tires is pretty easy after the 500th or so :p
and no removing the tire to retrieve the spoon or rim guard is not allowed to count towards your overall total LOL

XPLSV

Premier Member
It appears Michelin has pulled these tires from their website at this point. We have had a lot of incidences of the tire rubbing on the swingarm of the K1600's and the information on the fitment on both the Michelin European and U.S. websites has been changing as more and more K1600 owners have contacted Michelin and their BMW dealers...now the tire has, at least for now, disappeared from the U.S. website altogether. If you are a K1600 owner, check for tire rub on the swingarm. We are nearing 500 posts on this issue on the K1600 forum if you wish do do some more reading.

SeabeeCapt

Premier Member
I know nothing about the issues with the Pilot 5 GT except, I bought a set when they first came out, and took them off 3000 miles later because in the turns they were whinny to the point of distraction
I then stocked up on the 4’s and I’m again happy.
Robert