TOH SS1K Extreme in CA - how to document?

I'm a Tour of Honor rider, working on a route to get all 7 California monuments in a SS1K. I have to add a few other TOH locations to get my route over 1000 miles. It will be a real challenge to document with DBRs, because some of the monuments are not near populated areas. For instance Trinity Center, CA and Walker, CA, are both tiny little places, most likely without gas. Also they are out-and-back rides, meaning I'd need to document a turnaround there, for IBA purposes.

Will the IBA accept the TOH documentation of these locations, instead of requiring a DBR? I will also have a SPOT track.

Has anyone already done the CA Extreme?

Thanks,
Jerry White

Here's a link to my spotwalla ride in case you want to see how I approached it. https://new.spotwalla.com/trip/bf5a-1aaf7ea6-ca65/view
Looking at your ride, if I just plug in Little Rock and Leslie, the path goes due north, I-40 to US 65. But you stopped in Searcy for a memorial. How do you document those extra miles without a DBR in Searcy?

Your next fuel stop is in Salem. You didn't go straight there from Leslie, you went through Bellefonte. But there's no DBR from Bellefonte, so how do you document those extra miles for the cert?

Salem to Manila is straightforward. Between Manila and Brinkley you detoured to a TOH memorial in Blytheville. How do you account for those extra miles without a DBR in Blytheville?

And so on, I won't analyze the whole ride. That's three mileage detours without DBRs.

Last edited:
Unless I get corrected, there's no requirement to DBR in the momument towns.
I'm not asking about requiring a DBR wherever there's a TOH stop. I'm asking about using the TOH stop in place of a DBR to document the mileage.

Last edited:

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
I'm not asking about requiring a DBR wherever there's a TOH stop. I'm asking about using the TOH stop in place of a DBR to document the mileage.
From how I understand the process, yes... The ToH verifies your presence based on when you claimed the location and if all is good, tells the IBA verification team that you are good to go...

Last edited:

yon

Premier Member
From how I understand tth process, yes... The ToH verifies your presence based on when you claimed the location and if all is good, tells the IBA verification team that you are good to go...
This is correct. For each memorial stop, I took a photo with my phone, then uploaded the photos to TOH using their app. In the notes section of each memorial, I make sure to note it was for the Extreme ride. Once all 7 photos were approved, the team sent me an email letting me know that I satisfied the requirements for the Extreme ride. Once I received this email, then I submitted all my documentation for the ride to IBA and included the email. While the website says not too, I used the insta-cert process and just attached the email in a separate comment.

1686249437044.png
Looking at your ride, if I just plug in Little Rock and Leslie, the path goes due north, I-40 to US 65. But you stopped in Searcy for a memorial. How do you document those extra miles without a DBR in Searcy?

Your next fuel stop is in Salem. You didn't go straight there from Leslie, you went through Bellefonte. But there's no DBR from Bellefonte, so how do you document those extra miles for the cert?

Salem to Manila is straightforward. Between Manila and Brinkley you detoured to a TOH memorial in Blytheville. How do you account for those extra miles without a DBR in Blytheville?

And so on, I won't analyze the whole ride. That's three mileage detours without DBRs.
Not quite sure what you mean, my apologies. I use the Bubbler app on my android phone and update my location when I stopped at every memorial. That way all the information was in Spotwalla when I submitted my ride to IBA. At each memorial, I took two sets of photos. One set with my normal camera app, which I then sent to TOH, and another set using the Bubbler app, which were then uploaded to Spotwalla. The Bubbler app tracked my progress for the ride, so there was no need to DBR for this ride, outside of the normal gas station stops. I don't know how similar your Spot tracker is to Bubbler, but at the very least, you should be able to use Spotwalla to pull the gps data from it so you can track your progress sans DBRs.

This is correct. For each memorial stop, I took a photo with my phone, then uploaded the photos to TOH using their app. In the notes section of each memorial, I make sure to note it was for the Extreme ride. Once all 7 photos were approved, the team sent me an email letting me know that I satisfied the requirements for the Extreme ride. Once I received this email, then I submitted all my documentation for the ride to IBA and included the email. While the website says not too, I used the insta-cert process and just attached the email in a separate comment.

View attachment 10564

Not quite sure what you mean, my apologies. I use the Bubbler app on my android phone and update my location when I stopped at every memorial. That way all the information was in Spotwalla when I submitted my ride to IBA. At each memorial, I took two sets of photos. One set with my normal camera app, which I then sent to TOH, and another set using the Bubbler app, which were then uploaded to Spotwalla. The Bubbler app tracked my progress for the ride, so there was no need to DBR for this ride, outside of the normal gas station stops. I don't know how similar your Spot tracker is to Bubbler, but at the very least, you should be able to use Spotwalla to pull the gps data from it so you can track your progress sans DBRs.
I guess I'm not up to speed with the new submission process. Still used to the old school DBR method. And I'm not a Premier member either. So I guess I'll just rely on normal fuel receipts and my spotwalla track with embedded photos, along with the TOH documentation. Thanks.

OrygunMan

Premier Member
Jerry,
FYI-I was just at Trinity Center CA last weekend. There is the Trinity Center General Store located on the corner of Mary Ave. and Scott Blvd. I didn't stop there but did see a gas pump. There phone number is 530-266-3393 to confirm their hours