Brit Butt Tour 2024

Hi all, does anyone use a Tom Tom (550) . I’ve spent hours trying to import the poi’s and having no luck. Have converted the gpx to ov2 but it won’t import to Tom Tom my route. Won’t import the gpx as it needs a ‘track’
Any suggestions? You can’t search for the gps coordinates on a Tom Tom and trying to get postcodes for them all would be a nightmare. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
That's because ov2 files are POI files not ROUTE files. Using TomTom MyDrive (have TomTom Connect running in the background)

To import *.ov2 files click on the 'MY PLACES' tab, 'POI' tab and select 'IMPORT POI FILE' at the bottom of the pop up, click 'SELECT FILE' and browse.

To import *.gpx files as routes I use ITN Converter to save the file as a 'Garmin Nuvi, GPX Map Source (*.gpx)' file then import it via the 'MY ROUTES' tab, 'IMPORT A GPX FILE' at the bottom of the pop up, click 'SELECT FILE' and browse

Thank you Much appreciated.
after more faffing about I also discovered that the satnav needed to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network when trying to import to the my route website on the pc. Even though I wasn’t trying to copy to the satnav yet. The satnav was sat on the bike in the garage. It’s no good importing to the software first and then expecting it to update the satnav when next woken up Like when creating routes.
It also didn’t appear to like importing from the iPhone or iPad browser, needed to be on the full osx version. Although once the waypoints were imported to ‘my places’ you can then search them via the phone app etc.

sorted now thanks. Should get out this weekend and find a few.
cheers.
#34.

Hi all, does anyone use a Tom Tom (550) . I’ve spent hours trying to import the poi’s and having no luck. Have converted the gpx to ov2 but it won’t import to Tom Tom my route. Won’t import the gpx as it needs a ‘track’
Any suggestions? You can’t search for the gps coordinates on a Tom Tom and trying to get postcodes for them all would be a nightmare. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
You can search on a TomTom 550 using coordinates I do it all the time very rarely search any other way. It’s explained here -

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957559-Using-latitude-and-longitude-coordinates

If you want something to create and plan a route on for your TomTom MyRouteApp (which has a free version) is brilliant just export a GPX file and it’ll open it as a route (although it says it’s a track) the advantage to that is that you can easily skip waypoints on the TomTom during the trip if you want to unlike a track.

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
I was there Saturday and expecting more than just one star especially being so close to Shepperton, Ealing etc. Or maybe Freddie's star is for being 'the only gay in the village'!

Evening all
BBT newbie signing in - with a question :D
I've received the rally pdf and the gpx file
The problem I'm having ( and it's probably me ) is that clicking on the gpx download opens Tyre. ( I'm downloading on a PC )
But all I then get is a message " This page can't load Google maps correctly"
Any technical boffins point me in the right direction ?
Cheers
Rob

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
I was never able to get Tyre to work as I wanted it to and deleted it off my PC in favour of ITNConverter

I'm assuming here you're using Tyre because you have a TomTom. Open the gpx file in ITNConverter and export it as a TomTom POI (*.ov2) file which you can then load onto your TomTom via TomTom MyDrive.

Or if you want the gpx file to open in another programme right click the file and select the programme you want to associate .gpx files with.

Or if you're thinking of using your mobile phone as a SatNav don't, take the plunge and choose between a motorcycle specific Garmin or TomTom.

Last edited:
I was never able to get Tyre to work as I wanted it to and deleted it off my PC in favour of ITNConverter

I'm assuming here you're using Tyre because you have a TomTom. Open the gpx file in ITNConverter and export it as a TomTom POI (*.ov2) file which you can then load onto your TomTom via TomTom MyDrive.

Or if you want the gpx file to open in another programme right click the file and select the programme you want to associate .gpx files with.

Or if you're thinking of using your mobile phone as a SatNav don't, take the plunge and choose between a motorcycle specific Garmin or TomTom.
Hi John,
Many thanks for your help.
I haven't used Tyre for years, but have uninstalled it and installed ITNConverter.
Having saved the file as TomtomPOI I've managed to upload it to MyRoute-app, so can now see all the locations.
That suits my method of route planning, which I do on the pc then upload to the TomTom
Cheers
Rob

Hi John,
Many thanks for your help.
I haven't used Tyre for years, but have uninstalled it and installed ITNConverter.
Having saved the file as TomtomPOI I've managed to upload it to MyRoute-app, so can now see all the locations.
That suits my method of route planning, which I do on the pc then upload to the TomTom
Cheers
Rob
I’m a TomTom user and have used MyRouteApp with it for quite a while now I find it works really well.