Fool's Gold 2019

Sleekit Fkr

Completed it in 23 hrs. Route was Gordano, Plymouth, Perth, Dovet, Swansea, Gordano. I planed it on the shortest route via Newcastle but rode the quicker route down the West coast and A66 along Adrian's wall. I also used the M20 rather than A2 M2
Total stopped time was 1hr 24mins over 1524 miles at 71mph moving and 67mph overall.
Well done Phil.
I failed again! Hit the M25 at 0730hrs and it quickly became a car park. Eventually threw the towel in at Exeter when I realised 7hrs from Carwins rise to Perth starting at 1700hrs with 2 stops wasn’t happening! Receipted for an SS1000 as consolation prize

John ZRX

Well done Phil.
I failed again! Hit the M25 at 0730hrs and it quickly became a car park. Eventually threw the towel in at Exeter when I realised 7hrs from Carwins rise to Perth starting at 1700hrs with 2 stops wasn’t happening! Receipted for an SS1000 as consolation prize
Seems to me that getting a clear run all along an entire 1500 mile run is very much a lottery in this tiny overcrowded island, which makes success a particular cause for celebration. While it's disappointing to run out of time, the attempt and effort involved must be applauded.

~Martin~

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
Well done Phil.
Bad luck mate, but at least you gave it a go!

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well done Phil.

Again the aspirations of our members become apparent and you berate yourself because you only rode 1000 miles in 24 Hours.

Well done on your ss1000.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
How many bars do you have for your patch Phil? Is it 4?
Yes I've done everyone including Italy to Spain last year on Bike Magazines H2 SX SE and in 2017 I started in Yorkshire as I was told that is harder.
Where ever you start there will be traffic and issues. It really makes no difference.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well done Phil.
As Gordon said a SS1000 is beyond the majority of riders and not to be sniffed at.
The BunBurner 1500 is particularly difficult and is made harder by being restricted to a 24 hr window and everything that throws at you. Try it again on a day and time of your choosing and you will complete a BunBurner 1500 gold