IBA Australia - 20th Anniversary 50CC Ride

ACTCapo

I made it back to finish my SS1600 with 30 minutes to spare. That was a tough one; huge lack of ride fitness and way more stops than I’d planned (including a 45 minute snooze in a bus stop shelter at Sam Remo). I’m in complete awe and admiration of those who set off to do 2.5 x the distance in only twice the time.

My ride: https://new.spotwalla.com/trip/b69a-1a00c79-eb29/view

The KTM 890 hire bike was a real hoot. Nearly as much power as my Capo but 40kg lighter. With the fuel tanks down the sides, it was very light and flickable. The knobby tyres and 21 inch front wheel took a bit of getting used to, but not as bad on the road as I expected. The seat was quite firm, but long enough to move around on to stay reasonably comfortable. The alloy bashplate also doubled as forward foot rests. I was impressed.

Last edited:

Fatman

Unfortunately LTP and i are out of the 50cc.

Just pulled up at Marla and noticed the final drive's outer oil seal is leaking and flinging oil over the rear wheel. These drives only hold 180ml of oil so there is not much to lose before a bigger problem would occur.
The good news is i have a new seal with us but i would run out of time during it tomorrow and to get to Darwin.

Ride safe everyone and enjoy.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Unfortunately LTP and i are out of the 50cc.

Just pulled up at Marla and noticed the final drive's outer oil seal is leaking and flinging oil over the rear wheel. These drives only hold 180ml of oil so there is not much to lose before a bigger problem would occur.
The good news is i have a new seal with us but i would run out of time during it tomorrow and to get to Darwin.

Ride safe everyone and enjoy.
Guys that is such bad luck, sorry to hear it :(

Fatman

Replaced the leaking rear drive seal, took about 1hr stuffing around, back to Coober Pedy having lunch. No leaks now.. Feels like we are heading on the wrong direction LOL.

Derrick has all the details of the dinner tomorrow night on Darwin if anyone is unsure.

Thanks for all your comments here and the phone calls checking on us, much appreciated.