Our world record ride is now a book!

(crossposting from the main with Oz-appropriate linky)

Hey all! As many of your know, Ian McPhee (aka Tabledrain) and I did a massive, mayhem-filled ride in 2022 which resulted in the first ever IBA Alphabetical Capital Expedition certs as well as a World Record. (The company that gave us the world record is touchy about us invoking their name without paying for the privilege, so we'll just call it a Dark Beer World Record.) We spent 2023 writing a correspondingly massive, mayhem-filled book about the experience, and now you can get your very own copy on Amazon! Right now we're the #1 best seller in one category and the #1 New Release in another, so needless to say we're humbled and amazed at the response. If Kindle/eBooks are more your style, that will be available in the coming weeks as well.

Thanks for the bandwidth, and thanks to everyone who helped us debut on the best seller list! We hope y'all enjoy reading about the chaos way more than we enjoyed living it. :p

tabledrain

IBR Finisher
We bashed our way across a couple of continents to live a dream that was part nightmare at times. We are pretty proud of ourselves to have got it done.

But we also recognise without a great deal of support this ride and story would never have succeeded or been written.

We hope you enjoy it, feel it, relate to it.
Thanks for the support. IT is both humbling and appreciated.

Cletha and I are looking forward to reading the book. We also look forward to the Movie and subsequent TV series! :cool: Maybe we'll donate it to the local library afterwards to excite and stir the imaginations of others.
That would be super cool! Igniting imaginations is the ultimate goal. It'll take some work to get it into libraries on any sort of scale, but we're working to make it happen!

I received two copies today! My wife ordered one to suprise me the same day I ordered mine.
Looks like an incredible read, I especially like that a photo of my dog is included in their adventures.
Book #2 has been forwarded to someone special to read during their recovery.
That's super cool - thank Helen for me! :D I hope you both like your cameos, because we both appreciated your hospitality & enjoyed your company! (And I'm always a big fan of dogs to scritch) :D

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Oooh, Page 107 has some fun chaos! I still have no feeling on one side of my thumb. :)

PS - There are pictures of my thumb (and all of the chaos & carnage) on our website, if you're so inclined!
Past that point. It sounded painful, to be sure. BTDT more than once with the dunny roll and electrical tape over the years of wrenching. I'm more of a smack the allen with a "hammer" (anything is a hammer at times), than trying to brute force it, in part for the blood loss reasons. Tip of the day - Blood is a corrosive agent.