Our world record ride is now a book!

That's seriously impressive stuff. It must have been quite the adventure, and now you've got it all penned down for the world to enjoy. Speaking of adventures, I recently delved into the Game of Thrones books, and let me tell you, it's been a wild ride through the Seven Kingdoms. Reading about your real-life escapades somehow makes me appreciate the fictional ones even more.

Last edited:

cougar

Bought the book as soon as I heard it was out

I've heard you both on a couple pf podcasts as well as hearing about the ride here; and have now finished the book. Then went back and re-read almost all of it

I still can't comprehend what you've both done

Have never met you Wendy, and I think 'drain only once (though he has imparted some advice via the phone on Rocket III setup and planning for his 3k ride) but I've followed both of your exploits from afar these last few years

Massive respect to both

Second copy ordered here - I mentioned the book to my father, who has covered something like 3,000,000 km as a professional truck driver and he wants in on a copy.

Maybe it was empathy for the buffalo, and the fact that he spent 27 years in the one truck and it was a bit like Grandma's axe by the end :D
Everyone has a grandpas axe. I have several. :) I hope your dad enjoys the read, I'm sure there's lots of it that resonate with him.

gus

Well i finished my signed copy today.
the old saying "in for a Penny in for a Pound" comes to mind but in reality this would not even come close to describing the adventure these two endured.
thanks Wendy and Ian for putting it into words for us mere mortals to read along in awe.

Kimmie

I have a copy on-route to my Dad as a special "just cos I can" gift......he should receive it soon.

In the meantime, I'm half way through my Amazon Kindle version which also has pics albeit B&W.
The way you've both written this book puts you in the situation you are experiencing.....and yes I can hear Ian's "tone" with an "oh f#@k" moment :D:D.
Loving it so far.

hagar

Premier Member
I have,reluctantly finishing the book. I was not ready for the finish. What a read, written by a modern Mark Twain and Banjo Patterson, the amount of hardship Ian endured, is just cruel. That they kept going is just remarkable, ordinary human would have quiet. A truely amazing ride by two remarkable and beautiful people is a fabulous read. Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful adventure..
Hope Ian got money back from the firm rebuilding the transmissio.

I have,reluctantly finishing the book. I was not ready for the finish. What a read, written by a modern Mark Twain and Banjo Patterson, the amount of hardship Ian endured, is just cruel. That they kept going is just remarkable, ordinary human would have quiet. A truely amazing ride by two remarkable and beautiful people is a fabulous read. Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful adventure..
Hope Ian got money back from the firm rebuilding the transmissio.
Thanks Hagar. I'm glad the book left a dent in you :).

I simply couldnt bring myself to do anything about the trans. It is still probably sitting under the bench in a box were I left it.