Ride to Eat Nr 2. Manteigas,Parque Natural da Serra da Estrela,Portugal April 17,2021

michiel kerkhof

European Ride to Eat Coordinator
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
#82
just received foll mail from the Manteigas hotel....so we postpone the RTE untill a later date in sep/oct...things shud be back to normal by then...if not we're all in big trouble!
Hon. Mr. Michael Kerkhof,
Good morning.
Given the current state of contingency for what we are all going through, we ask if it is not possible to be able to put the reserve on standby, so that during the current year (limit until December 20, 2020), you can get another alternative date for the event. Is this exequible for you?

By the way, and in the following of the current existing uncertainties, I ask that from this email forward, any exchange of other future ones, should be addressed to the general email, which is “ [email protected] ”.
In the hope that everything will work out for the best, and within the shortest possible time, we await feedback from you.
We are at your disposal for any further clarification, please accept our best regards,

Carlos Soares
Rececionista | Hotel Recepcionist
 

michiel kerkhof

European Ride to Eat Coordinator
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
#85
OK folks....a suggestion while we have nothing better to do currently....I looked at possible dates for the 25 april RTE to Manteigas and with the BBR other |RTE's(BRD on oct 3 Millau) ET 2020 etc etc....the only date that gives us a bit of sparetime to get back home in time do servicing etc etc and keep the RTE 5 to Cuneo alive as well is september 12.......Can I have your thoughts on that date please...if we have enough people willing to do that than I'll start talking with the hotel about it......september weather shud be nice to us in the area.....bit of a chance on rain but that shudn't stop us....later dates would be halfway november which is going to be very late to play on the roads in the area if we have an early start with colder weather......Torre is at 1992 mtrs high(the tower is 8 metres to qualify it as a 2000 er....
 

Kim Leeson

Selfie Stick King
Premier Member
IBA Member
#86
Sounds good to me Giel, I was going to ask about prospective dates as I have the opportunity to re-book my Stena Ferry but needed a date to do so...
This is a week after the Euro Rally, so servicing will need to be scheduled no doubt!!...thank you for sorting this out.
 

michiel kerkhof

European Ride to Eat Coordinator
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
#87
Sounds good to me Giel, I was going to ask about prospective dates as I have the opportunity to re-book my Stena Ferry but needed a date to do so...
This is a week after the Euro Rally, so servicing will need to be scheduled no doubt!!...thank you for sorting this out.
Kim make sure you can cancel the ferry just in case this takes all summer to solve.....
 

michiel kerkhof

European Ride to Eat Coordinator
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
#91
I would hope to be in America at that time, but who knows what’s going to happen. We are certainly entering choppy waters.
I think everybody this moment is changing planned trips worldwide.....we'll see how it goes I will preliminary change the date with the hotel to sep 12 with escape options for spring 2021 just in case....
 

TimeBandit

Premier Member
IBA Member
#94
Haven't heard about the ferry Munich to Lisbon? 36h in a premium stateroom with balcony including unlimited room service by a young.... OK, OK - I haven't heard about that either. ;)

Actually, this morning I had to cancel a planned 3-weeks tour to Kaliningrad, the Stans, Finland and Sweden. Our plan was to take the ferry Göteburg - Kiel on return.

One if the many cancellations done in these days everywhere ...
 
#96
Fine by me. September 12 is the weekend after the ET 2020, so I have to plan carefully.
And about Stena Line, they offer a voucher for 1 year, so you can prospone the trip to any moment till April 2021, if you want (refund was not possible for my planned trip during Easter)
 

michiel kerkhof

European Ride to Eat Coordinator
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
#98
Only w/e in Sept. I can't do.
Sorry.
So sorry to hear JB but I am still waiting hotel confirmation if they can make it work and as far as I can see it's the only weekend that could work for most of us view all the other events that may or may not happen.......if hotels really full we may even postpone till spring 21....hate Coronabeer!
 

michiel kerkhof

European Ride to Eat Coordinator
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
#99
Had a long conversation today with Inatel Hotel Manteigas today....discussing september 2020 as alternative for next weekend(by the way the first good thing happening from Corona is we postpone this RTE as weather next week in Estrella is absolutel awful....pissing with rain all week and cool temperatures!!)on september 12 they have been booked a long time ago for another party occupying half of the hotel and they have not enough rooms to accommodate us...in view of an already busy scedule for all of us with postponed rallies etc and the fact 2-3 of us could not do those dates anyway I decided together with Michiel 2 and Phil to postpone my retirement a bit and have this Ride to Eat on april24,2021 a date which I hope is doable for all of us....The Inatel has promised me to reimburse me for the prepayment of rooms and food so I can give you the option now to either let me carry the negative intrest rate untill then or b reimburse all of you that prepaid me already....Dont be shy I'm happy to return the funds to all individuals provide you PM me your respective paypal accounts( 2 guys paid me via their bank acc which nrs I have so I can use those to reimburse them.I am currently holding off for final decision on Slovenia until early may 2020 as there is still a slim hope we maybe able to ride again by then.....Stay tuned on webpages for info by then......Michiel 2's first RTE will be happening in feb 2021 he already has a hotel in mind and a great destination about details he will create the starting page soon......as for the 2021 aprilRTE to Manteigas let me know of the list who is able to confirm whenever you can.......many thanks for your patience....Stay safe Stay Home ....now go wash your hands!!Greets Michiel 1
 
Hey Giel, thanks for all the time you spend in this Event. Booking Rebooking and at least booking for next year. I am in in April 2021. I would be happy if YOU look for the money until 2021. Hope to see you all before 2021:)