Farriders website unavailable,

Status
Not open for further replies.
s there anyone - anyone - still on good enough terms with P Vaupel to pick up the phone and ask him "How's is going mate?" and maybe find out what's happening or likely to happen in the near future of FarRiders?
FWIW, I sent Mr Vaupel a text message this morning. No reply as yet, and really not expecting one. Also did a Google search on Jean-Pierre Simon, the apparent new "owner" of FarRiders, which also turned up nothing. A Google search of Paul Vaupel just goes to a Linkedin page with a reference to AOL Ltd, the company that had the rights to FarRiders. I know I'm probably just re-stating stuff that everyone here already knows, but felt I had to do something to try and find out what the hell is happening. My gut feeling is that FarRiders is finished. But I really don't know why. Hope I'm wrong. All the best everybody.
PS-A big thank you to the Admin and members of this forum for allowing FarRiders members to have a place to connect and try and deal with stuff, it's very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
I don't know why someone doesn't just start a new site. Forum software isn't that difficult.

It seems like a lot of people want a site... don't care for the previous administration... can't get in touch with whoever owns it now... no word on if it will ever resurface...

Someone already in the community could just say "Okay guys, I've opened up a new site" and I'm pretty sure it wound be quickly populated.

I see nothing but opportunity here.

MIXR

In the few brief conversations I had with Davo it seemed like he wanted FarRiders to eventually transition into IBA Aus anyway. Maybe that's what's happening? Sad to see it fall into disrepair, so perhaps the opportunity is right here with FarRiders being the early history of IBA Aus. Beats me. I'm just looking forward to V-Wall and Urunga.

Rusjel

Premier Member
These folk are having a go (as has been posted before)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/148...661978902238131¬if_t=group_activity&ref=notif

Id prefer an old style forum and not involve Stalkbook but it’s there if you want to join.

Im also happy with how the team has made space to host Farrider RTEs in the interim, thanks!

But if indeed nothing happens with FR happy to support something like it. I like how FR was a place where people could dip their toe in the distance riding pool, but other things could do that just as effectively.

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
Why is everyone so stuck on keeping the "Farriders" name?

It's just a name... come up with another name. Problem solved.

This seems like a no-brainer to me. Start a new site, call it something else, spread the word that it's the new "spiritual home" of the old Farriders site.

New home... enthusiastic members... none of the old baggage... no chance of lawsuits... I don't see the problem here. There's clearly a passionate group of enthusiasts in Australia, so what's to stop anyone from just making it happen?

Roy

Firstly , I must thank the IBA Association , for allowing us to use their forum , Sad , if that be the fact , kinda had a feeling , still living in denial ... that there is some hope for the future of F .. R.......
an I allowed too say that word again ?
I m relatively new here in the bigger picture . My some 5 yrs, however do know , there are many passionate motorcyclists from all corners ..
very happy my Son got 2 rides and His partner got to do .
# 1194 & #1195... just made it ..
can only see a handful of solutions
sadly it or more so the 1197 of let it slip away ... we Take the 1197 passionates , run it as a different brand .
maybe come up with an arrangement that all can live with .. with IBA it’s self ,
That maybe another ride , shorter then 1610 ks Be created into their constitution ,.so we can keep on doing
as most low numbered F.... R......... are IBA anyways .
and not all of us have the time , or ability , fuel range on our current bikes to do 1610 in 24hrs .
Thus IBA , would become stronger with increased memberships .
it Slips away ...
change Brand . As the memberships were not sold ... we are still free .
or that Third option
guess there is ... GTRs Or RTEs

It’s been in my part , an amazing 5 yrs .
The people I’ve met , towns had lunch ,
the stunning country side , rain , hale , dark time , stinking hot . The odd poem I’ve written .
I thank all ,
Cheers Roy

Well, I received a reply to my text question from Mr Vaupel. I just asked for an honest answer to an honest question - "is FarRiders finished?"
His reply - "LD riding is mostly over, FRs is definitely over for me. Done it long enough. New owners of AOL Pty Ltd (and FRs) don't inform me about their plans. And I don't ask. Had enough of the tribes (sic) and tribulations."
Make of that what you will.
Be good to go for a ride (or drive or whatever) sometime soon to meet up and have a yack about stuff as a group.

Status
Not open for further replies.