Brit Butt Tour 2023

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Just quick reminder, the Tour ends on the 31st October and so does my time marking it.

if you have got pictures and haven't submitted them send them in to me. Remember only photo's submitted to me by email are marked, those just posted on the forum and or Facebook are not marked.

If you are planning rides get them done quickly.

I will inform you shortly about last date for photo submission shortly.

wully

To pay or not to pay at the Whitney Toll Bridge?

View attachment 11184

On route from A-50 Croft Castle sign to D-52 Hay Castle, entering Hay from the North on the B4350 you pass over Whitney Toll Bridge where there is traffic lights, an automatic barrier and pay booth that accepts cards or coins. The signage states "all motor vehicles £1". Fair enough it supports the upkeep of the bridge, unlike some other (stealth tax) tolls we could mention. I happily parted with a £1 coin, a little inconvenient to glove off, dig out a coin and glove on but hey ho the barrier opened and I was soon on my way.

Later I felt cheated as it transpires that motorcycles using the toll bridge can pass for free! Motorcycles just ride around the barrier like the free to pass cyclists do. Also not clear at the toll gate is that you can cross the bridge as many times as you like for one toll fee in one day, the toll ticket has a bar code and the pay booth a bar code reader.

What was mum's advice? "Look after the pennies..."
lovely picture

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
October has come around too quickly for me, I'm not going to make any of the Scotland Castles. The good news is that there has been no paperwork landing on my door mat following the recent Welsh Wales sortie and the 14 day deadline is well in the past :)

wully

The end of the Tour is Tuesday 31st October.
1. No further checkpoints can be visited after that date.
2.You must submit outstanding photo's to me by email [email protected] by 18.00 on the 2nd November. Photo's received after this time WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
3. I will publish the final scores when I finish scoring, hopefully on the 2nd or 3rd November. There will be a couple for you to question your score.

I will then forward the scores to Phil who will sort out the certificates.

Below are the current scores, if you notice an error then contact me at [email protected]

Screenshot 2023-10-29 144652.png

One last thing well done to Graham Kemp on getting all 90.

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
I'm done too. PPP meant I only managed 66/90, Wales was touch and go and Scotland ended up a no go, should have made more effort in August.

Big thanks to Wully for his time and effort behind the scenes and in keeping the tally.

wully

Well that's the of tour and for me the end of another chapter.

Firstly there have been no more submissions and no one has questioned the their score from Sunday so the table published on 29th October is the final standings. Well done to all of you.

Now it my time to say farewell to the tour, when Philip Weston asked me to mark the tour at the IBAUK annual get together and dinner I can hand on heart say I didn't expect to doing all these years later. I have made great friends and one or two enemies, when marking or refereeing something you can't keep everyone happy.

I made a decision some time ago for the tour to replicate the BBR, to allow you to become better and more successful at rally. This brought me in to conflict with one or two but they now have benefitted from it.

One last thing my thoughts are with those who competed in the tour and are no longer with us.

Now please keep the rubber in contact with the tarmac and enjoy ride.
FAREWELL

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks Wully. You have certainly done your bit.

I'm pleased to announce Martin Harries has stepped up to take over from Wully.

Martin has ridden the Brit Butt Tour for many years so fully understands how it works.

Entry for 2024 will open on 1st December 2023 and the tour will start on 1st January 2024

Entbiker

Look forward to December 1st. On the certificates , I really don’t need one so if you want to save paper and postage please leave me out. Looking forward to BBT24

THB54

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
Just back from seven weeks in Spain so just catching up

Many thanks Wully and enjoy your retirement!!!!!

Good luck Martin quite a task you’ve taken on?

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
A Donation of £305 was made to Prostate Cancer UK
Well done everyone for signing up

You're amazing

View this email online

Dear Mr Weston,

Thank you for your gift of £305.00 and for joining us in the fight against prostate cancer.

Right now, prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men, and research into the disease has been underfunded for far too long. We’re going to change that, and your donation is part of the solution. Through it, you’re investing in lifesaving research and helping fund better tests, treatment and support for men and their families affected by prostate cancer.

With your support, we will create a future where lives aren’t limited by prostate cancer. Thank you.

With best wishes,

Amy Oberholzer
Assistant Director of Fundraising
Prostate Cancer UK

Last edited: