Cockpit Layouts, lets see 'em!

AirbusFlieger

I'll start.

I don't get to rally's/meetings very easy, but I love seeing LD riding cockpit setups. I saw one guys motorcycle with a FLIR!

Garmin Zumo XT, iPhone 13 pro max on a QuadLock with vibration damper and wireless charging. Not shown, 6amp two-pot USB charger with voltmeter mounted between the screens.
IMG_2555.jpeg

bikerbill

IBR Finisher
Photo Credit: Tobie Stevens

Tobie snapped this pic of my cockpit layout at Checkpoint 1 of the 2021IBR.

Left: iPhone 5SE, Garmin ZumoXT
Right: Garmin 478GPSmap
Below: Switches for phone charger and gps power. Indicator lights inside the switches are connected to the dash warning lights for temp and oil.
Center below: Signal Dynamics Charging system monitor. Single LED model
Center: Windshield pouch holding snacks and writing instruments.
Not shown: behind the panel is the Spot3

Checkpoint 1 - Carmel, IN.jpg

Last edited:

AirbusFlieger

Photo Credit: Tobie Stevens

Tobie snapped this pic of my cockpit layout at Checkpoint 1 of the 2021IBR.

Left: iPhone 5SE, Garmin ZumoXT
Right: Garmin 478GPSmap
Below: Switches for phone charger and gps power. Indicator lights inside the switches are connected to the dash warning lights for temp and oil.
Center below: Signal Dynamics Charging system monitor. Single LED model
Center: Windshield pouch holding snacks and writing instruments.
Not shown: behind the panel is the Spot3

View attachment 9052
Slick idea with the warning lights!

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
Mine isn't as featured as some guys.

Zumo 396 on the left bar, drink holder next to that. Aux light and heated gear controllers on left switch cluster.

Dr. Mallard (co-pilot) and aftermarket TPMS on dash shelf. I disabled the factory warning light.

Phone holder on the right bar. I used to have my Spot X mounted on the bar also, but I moved it to the fairing so that I could get the glove box open more easily.

Might pick up a second Zumo at some point. If I do, it'll go on the left side of the fairing (opposite the Spot).

20220926_205218.jpg

AirbusFlieger

Zumo 396 on the left bar, drink holder next to that. Aux light and heated gear controllers on left switch cluster.

Dr. Mallard (co-pilot) and aftermarket TPMS on dash shelf. I disabled the factory warning light.

Phone holder on the right bar. I used to have my Spot X mounted on the bar also, but I moved it to the fairing so that I could get the glove box open more easily.

Might pick up a second Zumo at some point. If I do, it'll go on the left side of the fairing (opposite the Spot).

View attachment 9071
My Spot X's plastic cap at the top of the antennae popped off. It got wet and ruined the LCD screen so I have to file a warranty claim, wish me luck.

Good news is that the unit still tracked!

Really nice setup.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Last time I saw your bike, it wasn't this loaded with screens to keep up with Stephen.

Did I miss an upgrade somewhere along the line?
The tablet is getting a little long in the tooth and recent updates to Waze and Google Maps had it dragging along. The Sena, while connected to my phone in the tankbag, would usually voice dial just fine but about 75% of the time, do so in Speaker Mode rather than Bluetooth mode and my previous phone would NOT dial 911 without using the keypad, regardless of technique.

I solved all those issues by installing a wireless charger on the left bar for the phone.

Now I use the Tab A for MyRADAR and Spotwalla (to monitor my SPOT messages) and the phone (hardwired to the SM-10 dongle) for Waze, Maps, iHeart Radio, Sirius/XM archives, and receiving the occasional business call.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Instructions on the windscreen? Very clever! Never thought about that.
I missed that on first look. I like it too.

My idea was to laminate a checklist, but I like the checklist on the windscreen better.
Back when we wore earplugs and not-so-comfortable fixed full-face helmets we occasionally took off our helmets and removed the ear plugs at longer stops. Invariably one of us would forget to replace our earplugs or would have one not seated correctly and would need to stop ¼ mile down the road. This checklist was a result of too many extra stops. It evolved a little since then. The clear label tape works well because, while remaining visible, it is not at all obstructive to my view down the road.

We solved the initial problem by switching to Neotecs and ear buds. I since have gone 36 hours straight without removing my helmet with none of the previous issues coming up.

yon

Premier Member
Simple setup for me. This is my commuting setup, so I used it on my first SS1k a couple days ago. Phone is in a wireless charging mount. Might upgrade to a tablet sometime and move the phone to the bars. Need to figure out if I can run voice navigation from a tablet and music from the phone through the same bluetooth comm first.

Screenshot_11.png

AirbusFlieger

Simple setup for me. This is my commuting setup, so I used it on my first SS1k a couple days ago. Phone is in a wireless charging mount. Might upgrade to a tablet sometime and move the phone to the bars. Need to figure out if I can run voice navigation from a tablet and music from the phone through the same bluetooth comm first.

View attachment 9073
Cool! It’s truly amazing what cell phones are capable of these days.

Rusjel

Premier Member

View attachment 9071
Shawn, as a relatively new Wing owner, can I ask how that Ram mount setup is attached to the handlebar?