Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Last edited:

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Daniel is doing a Fools Gold here in Sweden right now, trying to keep up with you guys.
However, Sweden is Sweden...

Hampe

Fantastic Bob! Just this moment logged on to get an update on all those fools attempting this challenge and for you to put this link up twenty minutes ago... brilliant!

All look on track and I love the fact that they are all around an area where somebody else started or has already tracked.

Be lucky, Iain

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
When I made the page I noticed that those two are actually links to the same track.

Dave Thomson

BBR Veteran
IBA Member
Roadworks and an incident on the M25 just put paid to any chance of getting it done within 24 hours. So I'll just go for the BB1500 within the 36 hours instead. At least I get some time for lunch now :)

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
We are having the same problem with the car parks on the M5 and now The M6 road works with narrow carriage ways no chance to filter as clocked 900 miles going to head home and make do with a SS1000 next year doing it in France away from these broken motorways and upholstered roller skates

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Just seen on FB that Graeme & Sally have sacked it too (17.05 hrs). Ridiculous traffic on the M5 & M6. Will easily get a SS1000 out of it though. They've already done over 900 miles so can take it steady riding back to Yorkshire.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Couldn't get the right mind set this morning, but as I'd had a kip thought I'd start.

Running late and later. Saw Bazza (flyingrasb) at Plymouth. He was making good progress having set off from Huntimgdon, so an extra 60 miles or so.

When I got up Manchester way the weather turned. Met a biker who has been in Scotland for a week (mostly good weather) said today it was raining heavy, with sleet and some snow.

I'll make do with an SS1000

Last edited:

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
We had a problem with the M5 and M6 car park was sat in services at birmingham when saw Gordon had turn round too

Looking like Phil is going to be the only one to complete it Alan T binned it at Preston and headed home think he did around 1100

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well done to all who rode today. It looks like the traffic, weather and general Friday rush hour gods did their worst for many of you. It looks from the comfort of my gaf like everything needs to work just right to be able to cover the ground in the time, with only a few delays putting the kibosh on it. I look forward to reading any reports.

A nice lie in looks in order for you all :)

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Just in after having a bite to eat at the Perth Servo ..

Checked the weather and it did not look good for later on in the day north side of the M62.

So Plan B . Which gives me the M6 all the up from Plymouth which is better for fighting the weather and keeping up a good pace.

Perth, Penrith, Dover, Swansea, Plymouth then the dash back to Perth.

Not to repeat too much of what's been said but Friday is..... Oops I left my brain at home today ... for most car drivers.
So Commuting traffic, Roadworks, and Accidents on every road on the list .... just to give us a challenge .. Because car drivers don't think 1500 miles is enough

So today's Stats... for 24hrs

30 minutes off the bike to do 6 refuels
23 hours on the bike filtering around and in-between Commuting traffic, Roadworks, and Accidents

So 30 mins to spare which would have given me time for a Coffee & a pee if I wanted one.

Doing this ride from the North side down is a challenge on a work day... You Can't avoid hold-ups

Not saying it's easy from down south but you can get most of the bad hold up areas out of the way in the early hours or last thing.

Time for a Zzzz

Attachments

Last edited:

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well done Mike :)

Phil doesn't need to be congratulated as he obviously used some awesome superpower not gifted to us mere mortals, tweeting (with pictures) most of the way round as though it were a routine commute. And he's already off playing again this morning.:(

Dave Thomson

BBR Veteran
IBA Member
Back home safe and sound after a very leisurely trip round all 1500 miles. Hopefully will get verified for a standard BB1500 and I'll be back next year to try again :)

Dave Thomson

BBR Veteran
IBA Member
Just in after having a bite to eat at the Perth Servo ..

Checked the weather and it did not look good for later on in the day north side of the M62.

So Plan B . Which gives me the M6 all the up from Plymouth which is better for fighting the weather and keeping up a good pace.

Perth, Penrith, Dover, Swansea, Plymouth then the dash back to Perth.

Not to repeat too much of what's been said but Friday is..... Oops I left my brain at home today ... for most car drivers.
So Commuting traffic, Roadworks, and Accidents on every road on the list .... just to give us a challenge .. Because car drivers don't 1500 miles is enough

So today's Stats... for 24hrs

30 minutes off the bike to do 6 refuels
23 hours on the bike filtering around and in-between Commuting traffic, Roadworks, and Accidents

So 30 mins to spare which would have given me time for a Coffee & a pee if I wanted one.

Doing this ride from the North side down is a challenge on a work day... You Can't avoid hold-ups

Not saying it's easy from down south but you can get most of the bad hold up areas out of the way in the early hours or last thing.

Time for a Zzzz
Well done mate! Once I've had a kip I'll compare notes and see where I went wrong :)

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well done Dave, you managed the only thing that mattered - getting home in one piece - and BB1500 is not to be sniffed at :)