IBA Australia - 20th Anniversary 50CC Ride

hagar

Premier Member
For Lunch>>>>> With quite a few riders staying on the Thursday night at the Guiding Star Hotel, 700 Geelong Rd Brooklyn before the start of this ride , a few of us were going to catch up for lunch there on Thursday 24th Aug at 12.30pm. If anyone else would like to join us you are more than welcome.

Just post up ASAP if you would like to come for lunch. I have a table booked for 10 people but I can add to that as neccessary.

Lunch list so far is:

Fatman & LTP
Hackle
Jeff the Chef
Derrick
Gags
Hagar

For Dinner >>>>> Please don't forget, Kimmie is still looking for names of those who want to share a table for dinner at the Guiding Star. Please post up your name if you wish Kimmie to reserve a spot for dinner.

Kimmie

Coming for dinner
Kimmie
Kiwimartin
Piglet Pillion
Jeffrey
Wom
Derrick
Hagar

Reservation is made for 6 people @ 5:30pm under Kim (but I can add to it). Figuring we too will be wanting an early night :)

I've been advised that if I place our orders 2.5 hrs beforehand our meals will be ready for us pretty much as we sit down at the table...so the man says. Please use the menu link here Guiding Star Bistro Menu ......FYI it's Thursday Steak/Beer/Wine night for $25

Last edited:

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The prep continues, new battery fitted and rode a 600km coastal route today to trial a few things. Service and new tyres on Tuesday, ride to Melbourne Thursday. After today, i feel my biggest challenge is adjusting to the temperature variances we will experience. Departing Melbourne in single digit temps and arriving in Darwin in the mid 30's!

Fatman

looking this morning at the major capital city forecasts around thursday/friday/saturday, it appears that the road gods have smiled on us! magic!!

Is there any discussion/consideration around collection of sand and water prior to departure?
There is no issue if you want to collect sand & water Roadbandit, just consider where is it safe in the dark in Darwin to get the samples I guess!

Fatman

It would be great if we could all try to be at the start by 1.30am on Friday, you don't want to miss being in the group photo!

Please be sure to give Pillion Piglet (Bec) a smile, she will be at the start taking some pics. :)

At the 2am start, it would be fitting to have Derrick and John McCrindle to lead us all out of the servo while being flagged off by Bernard Petherbridge, three of the original 2003 50CC quartet.

Not long to go now, 11 x riders/1 x pillion, see you all there.

Last edited:

Kimmie

The lunch list so far:

Table booked for 12.30pm Thursday 24th. There is still time for others to add their name.

Fatman & LTP
Hackle
Jeff the Chef
Derrick
Gags
Hagar
Simon
Kimmie - I might be a bit late (maybe 1pm will try for earlier)