IBA Australia - 20th Anniversary 50CC Ride

tj189

Premier Member
TJ do you have any real concerns about the Location page or Spotwalla in general apart from the element of speed?
Peter, the use of Spotwalla as a tool for IBA has been an exceptional step forward. The information provided in my previous post, was made with the full intent on ensuring all our LDRiders, here in Australia, are aware of the choice to share their information or not. The use of a Location Page, by a rider in this instance, is voluntary.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hey TJ, tell me something I don't know.

I asked specifically about your concerns and you answered with content you have now typed in this thread three times. But you didn't answer the question.

Can you please expand on what "negative information" the Location page provides that can be used to discredit the IBA?

Can you please expand on "why you wish to publicly share your ride"? Its a public forum. You. You and Fatman and Skidoo and Derrick (see post #1) have chosen to have this ride up on a public forum. Ride Master is a public site. You know and support this via your position on IBA Australia management. The riders who are participating are publicly shown on the Ride Master page. Piglet is asking all to please use Spotwalla. I support all of this.

Your post was directed to "riders reasonably new to this sport of ours". Of the 16 participants currently signed up on Ride Master, you could only be reasonably referring to 2.

So please try again.

Spaz

In other news, while I'm probably unlikely to be sitting on the back of the bike, I will be there to see you all off and sign a few witness forms at the start. I am also starting to help out with verifying rides and issuing certificates... And so I have a few requests to help us verify your rides faster and issue your certificates pronto!
  • If you can, please use Spotwalla to track your ride. This saves me/us a huge amount of time as it's very reliable for verification purposes. If Spotwalla isn't an option for you, using an app on your phone like Rever is a good alternative and again helps us verify faster. If you can’t that’s fine- it might just take us a little longer to get your certificate to you.
  • For advanced users (or those willing to learn more advanced skills), uploading your start and finish receipts into your Spotwalla track would be very much appreciated and again will help with faster verification. Kiwi Martin has agreed to help with this and we might see if we can arrange some early info to assist.
  • Please pay your application fees when/before you submit your application. For 50CC rides this will be US$65 for a paper certificate posted to you or US$60 for a PDF emailed to you. For those doing the 100CCC it's US$85 for a paper certificate and US$80 for PDF only. If you can attach a screenshot or PDF of the payment confirmation that would also be appreciated.
  • A reminder for those attempting the 100CCC that you can't 'trade' hours between your outbound and inbound legs. Even if you leave Darwin less than 50 hours after your start receipt in Melbourne (e.g. with 48 hours on the clock), you still only have 50 hours to get back to Melbourne (not 52!)
  • Ensure your application is sent to [email protected] and if you're using the standard email form from the website, don't worry about completing the 'did you ride this with anyone', or the 'three to five cities for your certificate' as we'll know who did it and the certificates will all have the same cool places on them! If you do have special requests for your certificate please let us know.
Any questions about any of the above (or anything else, really) feel free to hit me up!
Bec
Hey, never used Spotwalla but keen to try. I have Spot Gen4 and all the instructions I've read about and followed end up with the same result - I can generate an XML feed but there is no "XML Feed Id" created for me to put in Spotwalla. Obviously user error, so can any Spot users help me out please
1691895090452.png

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hey, never used Spotwalla but keen to try. I have Spot Gen4 and all the instructions I've read about and followed end up with the same result - I can generate an XML feed but there is no "XML Feed Id" created for me to put in Spotwalla. Obviously user error, so can any Spot users help me out please
View attachment 10879
Hi Spaz,

As a starting point can you check the process with this outlined on the Spotwalla.com/help

https://new.spotwalla.com/help/devices#xml-feed-new

Under the section "Creating a SPOT XML Feed" this outlines the 4 steps to create the XML Feed in SPOT. Have a another go and see if this brings success. If no luck, PM me and we can talk it through in more detail.

Chris Wiltshire

Staff Helper
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Hi, just chipping in with a few comments in terms of the Location Page which has been setup for you to opt into (or not).

1. You set your displayed name, if you don't want that to publicly identify you, then use some random number or letters, the organisers will have a sheet of login names -> Display names, so for the purposes of being able to see where people are, they'll be the only ones who can decipher 'who is who'.
2. We have turned OFF Coordinate details on the bubble up windows, however the timestamps are still being shown so that they can tell if it's an old or current point.
3. Speed display in each person's location point's details have been removed.
4. The location page ONLY shows one point per person at any given time, there's no history showing, so for anyone to take a detailed interest in 'how you're moving along', would require them to actively monitor then manually rebuild points.
5. We have offered to place a 'view' password on that page, but we know from previous usage that if the riders want to take an interest in where others are, that it becomes prohibitive to taking a look while you're on the ride, whereas refreshing a page / using a link might be usable. (Your choice how you use your devices).
6. The Location page is not searchable on the SpotWalla website, it has not been made 'Public' apart from the link showing in here.
7. I didn't personally expect that the links would be shared in this forum, so if it'll make a difference, to y'all - we could rip that LP down, make a new one, then only email you the link details and not publish them here (personally, that's what I had expected would be done and how we've done things for our NZ rides.

If we did 5 and 7, then I believe that all of TJ's potential concerns might be alleviated, but I'll leave that for him to comment on.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks Chris and Rebecca. We still don't know what TJ's concerns were but hopefully they have been addressed by ESP.

Have a great ride everyone.

Vlad

Premier Member
Well its nearly crunch time, been a while since I did a 50cc. Went right over the bike this weekend, stripped the telelever and rebuilt it,
serviced the proverbial out of the old girl, put some new shoes on her and did a quick 150 k to scrub them in, fitted the Aux tank up,
so I'll be a super tanker. She will turn 200,000k on this run and judging by how well she did today I thinks shes even keener than me.

See y'all at the guiding star where it would appear we have taken over the place.

PS Bec seeing as this is practically a dead straight run, I cant see any issue with using the premier verification process so will embed all the relevant docs into my spot track, there will be only 8, and submit from my phone on Sunday. If that's a problem please advise.

Cheers
Vlad

Chris Wiltshire

Staff Helper
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
This helpful (USA) IBA resource might be useful for anyone who's wanting to opt into using SpotWalla to track their ride (to ease verification) - it outlines how to embed receipts and other photos using your cellphone apps into the Trip. - Covering both BubblerGPS Pro (Android) and SWTracker (iOS):

https://ironbutt.com/premierapp/embed.pdf

Roadbandit

This helpful (USA) IBA resource might be useful for anyone who's wanting to opt into using SpotWalla to track their ride (to ease verification) - it outlines how to embed receipts and other photos using your cellphone apps into the Trip. - Covering both BubblerGPS Pro (Android) and SWTracker (iOS):

Thanks Chris, very timely. I was just researching this feature.

SimonB

Premier Member
I'm joining you all on this ride also. Staying Thursday night at the Guiding Star and Friday at Marla, then somewhere in Darwin. Looking forward to it.

Thank you to those that have organised the ride, provided road reports and special thanks to PillionPiglet and all the others that review/verify our rides. What a terrific contribution.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member

Thanks Chris.
Very useful resource for mugs like me to learn from.
Cheers.

Fatman

I'm joining you all on this ride also. Staying Thursday night at the Guiding Star and Friday at Marla, then somewhere in Darwin. Looking forward to it.

Thank you to those that have organised the ride, provided road reports and special thanks to PillionPiglet and all the others that review/verify our rides. What a terrific contribution.
It should be a load of fun Simon, glad you have registered.

** Just a reminder to any other Iron Butter who may be thinking about the possibility of attempting this IBA Aust - 20th Anniversary 50CC ride but have not yet committed , it is not too late to register, see post #1 of this thread for all the details you require.

Fatman

For Lunch>>>>> With quite a few riders staying on the Thursday night at the Guiding Star Hotel, 700 Geelong Rd Brooklyn before the start of this ride , a few of us were going to catch up for lunch there on Thursday 24th Aug at 12.30pm. If anyone else would like to join us you are more than welcome.

Just post up ASAP if you would like to come for lunch. I have a table booked for 10 people but I can add to that as neccessary.

Lunch list so far is:

Fatman & LTP
Hackle
Jeff the Chef
Derrick
Gags

For Dinner >>>>> Please don't forget, Kimmie is still looking for names of those who want to share a table for dinner at the Guiding Star. Please post up your name if you wish Kimmie to reserve a spot for dinner.

Now did you want me to book a table or 2 at the Guiding Star Hotel for dinner on Thursday night before start???
Add you name to the list below

Coming for dinner
Kimmie

Last edited: