IBA Australia Memorial (Netallie Hill – Wilcannia)- Reflection Service23 September 2023 @ 11 am AEST

Vlad

Premier Member
Some more scooter madness John. Big effort in some very remote country.
We do this cause it’s fun, honest.
The goat population has certainly exploded on the Barrier, was a time not so long ago you never saw a goat as road kill, now not so much.
Quite a few emu this time as well.

Good morning everyone
I would personally like to thank all that was involved in this project and the posting of the photos of the memorial. It is very hard sometimes for riders in distance shores to attend on the day but we will have a site to visit to give our respects.
This post is also on behalf of all in the West and in particular the Southern Cross Distance Riders
Thankyou again and safe riding
Wombat

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher

Fatman

wonderful thank you. It was good to take a moment and think on Davo (Whom I only met once, but in a very suitable and remote place) and John Ainsworth from Canberra, whom not many would have met. I drove past the place near Mogo yesterday, where he had his accident.

John Ainsworth (JRA) accident occurred near Euston NSW Olaf on his way back from the Border Run.

Fatman

John Ainsworth (JRA) accident occurred near Euston NSW Olaf on his way back from the Border Run.
In the wet, in the wheel track puddle if I recall correctly.
Olaf, Approx 15km west of Euston heading east on a slight right hand bend.

John's gravesite plaque I think in Canberra.

1698039740318.png

And a very nice tribute to John:

1698039884420.png

Last edited:

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I am glad you straightened me out on that one. I was shown a corner on the coast by another friend who said "that is where John had his accident". They may be un-related! Anyway, I only rode with him twice I think.