Sad news....

LindsayGT

Glad to read you are moving forward in positive ways. What version of the left foot accelerator did you choose. The fold up version looks remarkably seamless. Best wishes in conquering the transition to the new leg. Moving ever forward!
I chose the electronic LFA, mainly because my car is already drive by wire and I thought it would be easiest way to integrate into the vehicle. It certainly is very tidy.

The driving school car that I had lessons and assessment in, had a mechanical flip down LFA and was quite clunky, particularly when starting off. Acceleration came on with a bang.

My conversion is much more linear and gentle. I can also change the sensitivity for tight situations such as in car parks.

I'm very pleased with it!

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I chose the electronic LFA, mainly because my car is already drive by wire and I thought it would be easiest way to integrate into the vehicle. It certainly is very tidy.

The driving school car that I had lessons and assessment in, had a mechanical flip down LFA and was quite clunky, particularly when starting off. Acceleration came on with a bang.

My conversion is much more linear and gentle. I can also change the sensitivity for tight situations such as in car parks.

I'm very pleased with it!
Thank you for the reply. Amazing stuff, to be able to tap in like that. Similar to adding CC to some throttle by wire bikes. Also amazing how we humans can adapt as well. Cheers!

Tele

Premier Member
Very best wishes for all your adventures with the new wheels and the new leg! I was in a Drs surgery recently and a guy came in with an artificial leg. It looked like a device straight from science fiction. Carbon fibre and titanium everywhere with cables, rods and all manner of mechanical devices. Remarkable looking device. We got chatting and I jokingly asked him about warranty and service intervals. He tells me he has a technician on speed dial. If ever he experiences a change in the feel/operation of the leg, then a simple phone call has him getting adjustments from a guy with a very fancy tool kit. Remarkable where technology developed by the human imagination can work to make life more comfortable for people who need that help. I hope all continues onward and upward for you Lindsay!