Armistice 1000

Ian M

thanks and will remember that one
the word average is the important one in that sentence, they aren't for that long, mum used to live in cromer, a17 was the route i used to take

when its empty you need to remember, but in the day full of sugar beet/vegetable lorries - (the best thing to come out of norfolk apart from the a47;)) so nipping in and out of them your average is not that high

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Would have made you a cuppa
I'm sure you would of Daz, and during that ride, it would have been appreciated, but I have no idea where you live, and late to respond...the weather was not in my favour...but we managed to complete...cheers mate see you in Calais

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well done Adrian, excellent ride and welcome back to insanity. What would be the point if it was easy :)

Martex

Completed mine yesterday 1051 miles. Took a newbie with me, he did
really well. That's another Devon dumpling into insanity.
Subject to verification

Hi all, new here, started my ride just before midnight Saturday night and finished last night at 2307hrs, did the southern loop anti clockwise, 1047 miles. Stopped for the minutes silence at 1100hrs near the Mach Loop but no planes... Well done all.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I did Gordano. Glasgow. Berwick. Maidstone. Newport, Gordano on Saturday with two local friends. One had previously completed the RBLR 1000 and one newbie.
We started at 5am finishing around 11pm. Total stopped time was less than 3hrs. We had good weather and 6 to 10 degs C including Scotland until we got to A14 M1 M25 where the rain became biblical.
Spot track inc speeds here https://spotwalla.com/embed.php?id=1be9b5be34ef4ae5ad&scale=on&zoom=default&refresh=no

Last edited:
hi just to say my self and ian completed the route and was back in time for the remembrance service all in time too. who do we email our stuff to as I've only done this from squires cafe before. still all new to me but loving it.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
hi just to say my self and ian completed the route and was back in time for the remembrance service all in time too. who do we email our stuff to as I've only done this from squires cafe before. still all new to me but loving it.
For all riders to note....
Don't forget to read The "Rider Guidance" and "Saddlesore 1000" rules........ then read them again. There was a link on the initial announcement.

Then take care filling in the "Ride documentation"

If your paperwork is in order it can be verified easier and ease the process.
Otherwise we will be exchanging endless emails repeating the details in those documents and slowing down the process.

For all riders to note....
Don't forget to read The "Rider Guidance" and "Saddlesore 1000" rules........ then read them again. There was a link on the initial announcement.

Then take care filling in the "Ride documentation"

If your paperwork is in order it can be verified easier and ease the process.
Otherwise we will be exchanging endless emails repeating the details in those documents and slowing down the process.
ok thank you Phill i will try that now

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
PUT SIMPLY
You need to collect printed dated timed receipts with location
At the start and finish you must take a picture of the receipt by your odo or use the old system of getting a witness form signed buy somebody not on the ride
At the end of your ride fill in the paperwork and submit it.
When it is verified you will get an email asking for balance of the payment
On receipt of payment you will receive you certificate by post.
If you are not already a member at a later date you will get you IBA number by email from Mike Kneebone President USA

All the documents you need are downloadable here https://www.ironbutt.co.uk/w3/docs.php

Hi paid my deposit and looking to ride this Thursday starting at Wadebridge BP station A39 A389 to Bodmin then on to the A30 to Exeter services M5 then M6 right up to Carlile across to Newcastle Upon Tyne down the A1 to Peterborough A14 M11 to the M25 Dartford crossing right round to the M3 A303 A30 back to Exeter M5 A30 back to Bodmin A389 A39 to Wadebridge total distance 1047 miles . As I am new to this downloaded all paperwork and ruled does it matter who the witness is? And how do they verify all where you have been do they fill their paperwork in after you have done the ride, sorry if I am a bit thick but I would like to know

Viper

Armistice 100 Ride Report

Saturday 10th, new Cyclops LED headlight bulb fitted, fluid levels checked and topped up as necessary, tyre pressures done, knocked up the rear preload for the extra weight of my daughter, top box on, tank bag on and contents sorted, spotwalla sorted, headsets charged and sat nav loaded with the route, ready to rock for 4am.... so early night....

Can’t sleep, keep thinking I have forgotten something, get up at 3 before the alarm...

Quick cup of herbal tea, suited and booted, off to Tesco to gas up for our start receipt, receipt obtained, Peterborough awaits, the run to Peterborough passes without incident, the Rex is running sweet and the roads are empty, oh and the Cyclops LED, totally awesome, I can actually see where I am going, next receipt in the bag and its off to Kings Lynn, all is good in the world........

Should have guessed it wouldn’t last..

5 miles from the Kings Lynn stop the sat nave flashes up low battery and switched off......arghhhhhh, ok I remember where the stop is from my last ride so I think I can find it.... I do.. gas up, get a receipt and we are up 15 mins on my estimated time, so lets investigate the sat nav, did i damage the wiring when i fitted the Cyclops? Off with the bikini fairing, nope, wiring seems ok, can’t find any obvious faults and haven’t time to waste, snip the wires and wire direct to the battery.... tank off, run the wiring down the frame to the battery box and hook it up, still not charging...... ok so i rekon I can find all my waypoints so put the bike back together and crack on, Lowestoft next....

The run to Lowestoft is uneventful but it is starting to get lighter and the sat nav keeps coming on and switching off again soon after lead me to think the problem is in the charging dock... give it a thump.... only bloody worked didn’t it... receipt bagged off to Chelmsford for breki and the next receipt..

And down came the rain.... and didn’t it... but this time I am wearing my off road winter kit and have the handlebar muffs on, my daughter similarly attired we both stayed warm and dry, reach McDonalds for a quick breakfast and on it again Brighton next.

More rain, couple of exciting moments in flash floods and the wind on the Queen Elizabeth II bridge was..err.. entertaining but was soon over, planned to stop at 11, couldn’t due to being on the motorway and in road works, safety first. Out comes the sun and we are soon in Brighton, another receipt in the bag. Horton next..

The run along the south coast had sporadic downpours and surprisingly heavy traffic, quick stop at my Nans old house in Emsworth, brought back lots of memories of my childhood and some not so good memories of recent events, moving on... Honiton and another receipt, toilet break and a snack and it’s onto Lands End.

Run to Lands End and more showers, lots of spray and the setting sun is causing some issues but the pace is good, feeling in a good mood but my daughter is starting to get fidgety, the Rex isn’t the comfiest of rides and it’s starting to leave it’s mark, on us both, but at least I have the luxury of having to concentrate on riding, starting to worry about my little girl now, (ok she is 22 but will always be my little girl) onwards.. The A30 between Penzance and Land End raised the heartbeat on a couple of occasions with carpets of wet leaves and rivers running down the road, grip was a little lacking but we stayed upright and pushed onto lands end, the plan was to get a ticket from the carpark machine, previous experience had armed me, this time I had plenty of change, on my previous visit a parking ticket was £6, height of the season, now in the off season it’s only £4 and £2 after 5pm, it was 4:58, I will wait... 5pm on my phone, bung the £2 in and it says insufficient funds...what? look again and the clock on the machine is 10 mins slow, sod it, gonna wait, take a couple of pics, 10 mins seems to take forever, my girl, Shannon gets the ticket and finds a pound coin so bonus it’s only cost us a £1... There is a geocache at Lands end, I grabbed it in my last visit so it’s a quick grab for Shannon then it’s push on to Exeter.

Good run to Exeter, again more showers but nowhere near as heavy now and traffic is light, getting proper uncomfortable now and Shannon is suffering too, thankfully it was an uneventful run to Exeter and much the same on the run to Gloucester services.... Gloucester services...how much for petrol???? You should be ashamed, so very ashamed £1.50 a litre... disgusting profiteering off a captive audience, had I realised I wouldn’t have bought any...

Gloucester services to Stoke on Trent..M5... how many speed cameras???? Jeeez did they get a discount for bulk purchase.... is this the future? Then the road works....30mph average speed cameras ... grrrrr .... M6, more speed cameras, more average speed cameras, get to the A50 grab another receipt push onto the M1..... more cameras more road works more average speed zones, another receipt at Leicester Forest East, homeward, last stretch, more road works so close to home.... Get to Tesco grab the last receipt and two miles to home..... as I turn onto the drive the garage door is already rolling up thanks to the better half welcoming us home.... Odometer says 1090 miles, tyre says 1047, hope fully I got it right and all will be good, so that’s my ride done, time to plan the next.....

spot... https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1be065bde4b065b670&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes