Reports During ET16

john

Thanks to everyone who made this week possible.
I had a great time.

As this was my first rally at all, I’m very happy how it came out.

Hope to see you all again next time :)

Ride save
John

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Maybe you can upload it to Google Drive or Google Photos (what format is the file?) change the sharing settings to "public" and post the link here.
Thanks Amnon some friend is taking care of that...I am so sorry we had no chance to chat a bit after the finish!! hopefully next time around?? hope you had a good time and let me kn0w when an event like this will be held in Israel and surroundings would love to ride it!!safe travels back home!

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
[At the arrow there will be a surprise for anyone visiting it.......My Spot is still there and giving signs of life untill the batteries die!! I have asked the depanneur to check during daylight if he could retrieve it but have my doubts if he will try....so I may have to buy another Spot....Hate to leave my little friend there who's been with me for some 100.000 miles at least

Gerd Heinzmann

Arrived at home in Switzerland safe and sound.
What a great week. My expectations were more than fulfilled.
I also made my aim not to be the last one in the Ranking, as this was my first Rally.
I really enjoyed it being a part of this fantastic community
Hope to see you all again at the Alpenbutt next year.

Kind regards
gerd

[At the arrow there will be a surprise for anyone visiting it.......My Spot is still there and giving signs of life untill the batteries die!! I have asked the depanneur to check during daylight if he could retrieve it but have my doubts if he will try....so I may have to buy another Spot....Hate to leave my little friend there who's been with me for some 100.000 miles at least
Nice opportunity for a cozy flower-sniffin ride. Take your Ultra-CVO anmd collect it. Or, in lack of time, ride a smooth SS 2000 km.
Shouldn't be a problem for the infamous dutch throttle strangler:cool:

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Thanks to all the team for putting on a spectacular week...
My aim was finish with my flag, which I did and a bonus of not being last this time.

Even with an 'off/drop' trying to turn on a cambered gravel track after my Garmin decided a gravel track through the mountains was the correct way to find the Bobsleigh at Innsbruck. Nothing that can't be fixed, even if riding with 1 mirror for the rest of the rally, and a permanent brake light on, not discovered until taking shelter from one mother of an electrical storm that developed.
Easily fixed after finding out the front brake switch failed during the 'drop'
See you all next year at the AlpenButt.

Stuttgart hotel, Saturday morning...my day of departure for personal reasons...sorry I missed the party.
Stuttgart - Sat morning.JPG

Furka Pass Summit...Thurs late afternoon.
Furka Pass summit II.JPG

Furka Pass West descent. (random biker)
upload_2016-9-12_9-5-38.png

Gorgeous road through Switzerland...
Gorgeous road in Swizerland.JPG

Brake Light repair - (Sunday night, E Italy, after 'off' in Switzerland)
Brake Light repair (East Italy - Sunday night).JPG

Eurotunnel home...battered and bruised (literally, both me and the bike)...when can we sign up for 2018!!
20160910_184550.jpg

Thanks Amnon some friend is taking care of that...I am so sorry we had no chance to chat a bit after the finish!! hopefully next time around?? hope you had a good time and let me kn0w when an event like this will be held in Israel and surroundings would love to ride it!!safe travels back home!
Michiel, I will certainly attend more such events (Alpenbutt and Eurotour) now that I found I enjoy it so much, so we will meet again for sure!
Good to here you are in good shape and spirit after the shocking happening...could have ended dreadfully different...
I'm in the final sages of setting up Israel Inaugural Rally. Hopefully next spring. This event was part of my training to become a Rally Master (!)
Will post in the forum when relevant.
Cheers,
Amnon

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Michiel, I will certainly attend more such events (Alpenbutt and Eurotour) now that I found I enjoy it so much, so we will meet again for sure!
Good to here you are in good shape and spirit after the shocking happening...could have ended dreadfully different...
I'm in the final sages of setting up Israel Inaugural Rally. Hopefully next spring. This event was part of my training to become a Rally Master (!)
Will post in the forum when relevant.
Cheers,
Amnon
Amnon...If we can help in any way don't hesitate to ask.

Niesmann

Tour Master Eurotour 16
Premier Member
Hi Folks

Bev and I now back in the UK safe and sound, we would to thank everyone for making the Eurotour 2016 our best event as Rallymasters.
To see everyone accounted for and in good spirits at the end of busy weeks riding was brilliant, glad the few that didn't make the finish were just a little battered and bruised and nothing too serious !!

You may be aware Bev and I are stepping down as rally masters after 5 years of organising and planning these events and we could not have picked a better rally to finish on, I can't believe the positive feedback we have had and the wonderful atmosphere on both Friday and Saturday evening, stories swapped over a few beers at a great hotel in a variety of languages with laughter ever present !

As ever I'd like to thank Phil for his support and patience over the last few years his steady hand on the tiller keeps the group moving in the right direction. Sorry we missed the start but health issues and work got in the way it was much appreciated when Bob Stammers and Dave Badcock stepped in to help Phil see everyone off, thanks guys.

We are not disappearing altogether I intend to ride the BBR in May next year as it's the 10th anniversary, may also consider a gentle bash at the Alpenbutt if we can fit it into out plans for next year, no doubt Bev will appear at scoring desks as a helper from time to time.

Finally I'd like to thank everyone we have come in contact with either on the road or at the scoring desks over the last 9 years, you really are the most extraordinary group of people we have ever met !

Ride safe

Scott Miller

An American in Europe
Premier Member
Thanks also to Bev, Chris, Phil, Lynne, and Dave (in no particular order). This was a great rally for me and I appreciate the enormous amount of effort it took to plan and execute. I found it very challenging and really enjoyed the time to visit and relax Friday night and Saturday. I look forward to seeing everyone again in the, hopefully, near future.

This was my first rally. I had many doubts. I knew I could do the miles - but wasn’t sure about planning the route on-the-clock. I also wasn’t sure how I’m going to fit into this group of veterans.

All my doubts evaporated upon arrival at the Relaxa parking lot - and the smiling and welcoming face of Dave! From that point onward everything went smoothly and pleasantly for myself and for Guy, who rode with me the whole week. We had a great time and already talking between us about the next time...

I want to thank Phil and the entire rally team whose apparent hard work made it as easy as it gets for the participants - always with a smile, always ready to assist. And thanks to all the riders for taking us two newbies in to the group.

See you all in some (hopefully near) future rally,

Amnon