Around the Big Paddock - SUCCESS!

Philmor

Premier Member
Quote Philmor ......
“The good news is that the rear tyre that FM stressed about is showing very little sign of wear and the possible tyre change in Perth on Saturday morning will probably not be needed.”

Scraping egg off my face ...... :p
As per Gus’s post and according to LTP’s phone call, FM decided the rear was not going to make it so he changed it out now.

The good news is that the rear tyre will or should now make it home :)

Biggles

Premier Member
In my defence FM sent this to me yesterday morning with positive comments. :oops:
View attachment 3978
That's ridiculous!- looks to be only half worn, even allowing for the one shoulder more worn than the other. The middle looks good for another 5000+ kays.
Looks like they've stopped nursing tyres, maintaining a healthy average since Karratha.

Last edited:

Farkleit

Premier Member
When Frans and I did oit big ride in 2017, I fitted a set of PR4 GT to the FJR, I had aux fuel, top box and swag on the bike (about the same weight as Lynne. Lol) I ran 50psi in the rear, and 45psi in the front, I completed the full 14,500 no probs, in fact the rear gave me 19,500klm, and the front I changed out at 28,000klm as I was going on a 2000klm ride and wanted to make sure they would last, excellent tyre when plenty of pressure added.